DEDICATED CHEMILUMINESCENCE IMAGING SYSTEM -COMBINING SIMPLICITY WITH SENSITIVITY
Fully automated system with a small footprint and is optimised for highly sensitive imaging of chemiluminescence blots
Standard 4m pixel output images offer superb quality for all your chemiluminescent blots.
Images of up to 16m pixels can be generated for publication purposes.
The compact GeneGnome XRQ takes up minimal bench space
- The new GeneGnomeXRQ is dedicated to chemiluminescence imaging. This system is built for high performance and automation and now features a next generation high quantum efficiency Syngene CCD camera for even greater sensitivity. A very simple set-up process means a single ‘click’ will automatically capture a quality image of any Western blot .
- Western blot imaging has never been so easy than with the GeneGnome XRQ. The system automatically selects the right imaging conditions for any blot irrespective of the chemiluminescent reagents being used. All chemiluminescence applications can easily be handled by the GeneGnome XRQ and can produce superb images even from the faintest of signals.
- The compact instrument sits on any laboratory bench taking up very little space. The GeneGnome XRQ requires an external PC for use.
- The system comes complete with unlimited copies of Genetools analysis software
- Built on Syngene’s unique GeneGnome system, GeneGnome XRQ has an optimized short ‘camera to sample’ distance, making it easy for you to perform rapid chemiluminescence imaging.
- Featuring a high quantum efficiency, cooled CCD camera, GeneGnome XRQ ensures you can see faint bands with minimal background on your blot images.
- The compact GeneGnome XRQ takes up minimal bench space, allowing you more room for your experiments.
- Great imaging starts with a great lens and this F/0.95 fixed focus lens gives optimum image quality.
HIGH QUANTUM EFFICIENCY CAMERA
- The 4-megapixel resolution CCD camera is very sensitive to low level light emissions, producing images of up to 16m pixels, allowing you to see and separate those faint, close bands on blots up to 11cm x 8cm. The GeneGnome XRQ camera has double the dynamic range of film and with a quantum efficiency of greater than 73% @ 425nm gives outstanding sensitivity for chemiluminescence imaging.
SUPER LOW COOLING
- Peltier cooling with exceptional signal to noise performance lets you have long exposure times. You can detect your weak and strong chemiluminescent bands on one crisp image, without any annoying background noise.
- To position your blots and detect coloured markers, the GeneGnome XRQ comes with overhead long-life white LED EPI lighting.
- The automatic slide-out drawer gives you more bench space and allows you to easily position your blot. Its magnetic lock ensures that the darkroom is completely light-tight, resulting in perfect image capture every time.
- GeneGnome XRQ easily integrates to your choice of PC and printer giving you the flexibility to run the GeneSys touch screen controls on a large screen, store a huge library of images and rapidly print low resolution or publication quality pictures
Why buy this product
Optimised – for imaging chemiluminescence Western blots
- GeneGnome XRQ is configured for maximum sensitivity to ensure even the faintest band on a blot can be captured.
Sensitive cooled camera
- The high quantum efficiency cooled CCD camera is very sensitive to low level light emissions from a blot. The peltier cooled camera has exceptional ‘signal to noise’ performance resulting in virtually undetectable background noise. The short ‘camera to sample’ distance further enhances the ability to work with chemiluminescence samples and reagents. When compared to film, the GeneGnome XRQ has more than double the dynamic range. This allows for extremely accurate quantification.
- The GeneGnome XRQ has a very small footprint and takes up minimal bench space. The automatic slide-out drawer allows easy sample handling. The fixed aperture and focus of the lens results in a very simple set-up procedure making image capture as simple as a click of a mouse button.
- GeneGnome is a fully automated system with a small footprint and is optimised for highly sensitive imaging of chemiluminescence blots. Built-in epi white LEDs are included so that coloured markers can be imaged. An external PC is required.
- The GeneGnome XRQ now features one of our new generation high QE camera which have exceptional sensitivity for chemiluminescence work.
- Images of up to 16m pixels can be generated for publication purposes while the standard 4m pixel output images offer superb quality for all your chemiluminescent blots. maximum blot size in a GeneGnome is 11 x 8cm.
- The camera is cooled and has very low noise so imaging chemiluminescent samples is easy. Using GeneSys makes capturing any sample a simple, automatic process. It is genuinely a one-button process with capture times automatically calculated. Exposure times of many hours are possible and always result in clean crisp images.
GeneSys capture software and GeneTools image analysis software
Using GeneSys capture software, you can set up the GeneGnome XRQ to do single auto-capture, series capture or manual capture of your Westerns to generate your choice of one or a series of timed images.
- When you’re imaging low light chemiluminescence Westerns you can use the GeneSys binning feature to reduce exposure times. Binning combines pixels into larger formats to produce a super pixel which collects more light, increasing sensitivity or speeding up your image capture time. PICTURE PERFECT
- To produce a publication ready picture of your Westerns you simply choose high-resolution images in the GeneSys software effective resolution settings. You can even generate images of colorimetric molecular weight markers alongside your chemiluminescent bands as GeneSys allows you to automatically overlay them on your Western images.
FAST IMAGE ANALYSIS
- The GeneGnome XRQ comes with GeneTools image analysis software which you can use for applications such as automatically calculating molecular weight and relative quantitation of protein bands. Using GeneTools you can also make your own image edits and your data is easily saved as image files or can be exported to Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A Western blot of diluted transferrin was prepared on a PVDF membrane. The membrane was treated with SERVA Light Vega chemiluminescence substrate and imaged using GeneGnome XRQ system.
|Image resolution (pixels m)
|Effective resolution (pixels m)
|Quantum efficiency @ 425nm
|Lens (motor driven)
|Requires external PC
|Epi LED white lights