World’s first Android™ Micro-Volume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer for Nucleic Acid and Protein Quantitation
- Most Sensitive 1µL Full spectrum UV-Vis (190-840 nm) available
- Android™ OS with EasyApps® (no PC)
- SmartQC Sample Contamination Guidance
- Export to Network, e-mail, Wi-Fi, USB, LIMS, Printers
- SmartPath® Technology
- Maintenance and Calibration Free.No Recalibration required.
- Widest Dynamic Range dsDNA: 0.75ng/µL – 37,500 ng/µL
Compact, Stand-Alone Design
- 20 x 33 cm
- Weight: 2 kg
- No laptop
- Saves space
Full Spectrum Analysis
- Denovix DS-11 Spectrophotometer quantifies proteins and nucleic acids via UV-Vis absorbance and requires only 0.5 – 1.0 µl samples. Instantly view results on screen including full spectrum output, concentrations, purity ratios etc. Suited for any absorbance applications within its 190 to 840nm range. Just pipette and measure. It’s that simple. Two seconds DNA, RNA, and Protein quantification.
- DS-11 Spectrophotometer with Microvolume Mode (Smartpath Technology with Bridge Testing ) can measure low and high concentrations (0.75 to 37,500 ng/µL dsDNA and 0.04 – 1125 mg/mL BSA)
Total Measurement Confidence
The patented* DS-11 combines unique hardware and software features to deliver unmatched confidence in sample accuracy, performance and reliability.
- SmartPath®Technology – real time, precise pathlength control delivered every time
- Exceptional for proteins – BridgeTesting®eliminates broken sample columns common on other platforms
- Contamination Alerts – Instant sample QC guidance
- Calibration and Maintenance Free. No measurement drift, no service down-time. Accurate results every time.
- Industry-leading 3-year warranty.
- SmartQC monitors every sample measured for the presence of common contaminants highlights these samples to the user and advises on potential issues. SmartQC also solves the problem of samples being left to dry on the measurement surface by monitoring the sample measurement and cleaning process and warning when the sample has not been removed.
Easy to learn . Fast to use.
- DS-11 Spectrophotometer is simple to use and fast to learn using DeNovix EasyApps®. The software is pre-installed on a AndroidTM operating system that features an HD, glove-compatible touchscreen. Pinch/ Zoom / Swipe, 11 languages built –in, 32 GB memory audio and deliver error-free operation and sample to data in less than 4 seconds. Every instrument is ready to measure right out of the box – no PC set-up or software installation
Connect to Your Results.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB allow easy export of data you want in the format you need. Email a csv or color jpg of your results…save data to LIMS or network drives…print results or graphs to network and label printers…and more! Password protected accounts
Four color choices
- Cutting Edge and Tech Savvy– how about the modern Arctic White option for your lab?
- Resourceful and Dynamic – then the brilliant Brazilian Blue fits your style!
- Exciting and Passionate – about your research- then the Fire Red might be your best choice!
- Bold and Innovative in your approach- perhaps the contemporary Tungsten Silver is best for you!
Upgrade to Fluorescence
- DS-11 can be upgraded to add fluorescence capability with the addition of the FX module.
Microvolume Mode: Smartpath Technology with Bridge Testing
- SmartPath® Technology is Denovix patent pending design to precisely control microvolume pathlength in real-time. SmartPath® ensures the DS-11 is always in calibration – no drift and no service down-time.
- SmartPath® technology controls the pathlength in real time ensuring accurate precise measurements. Bridge Testing™ is Denovix propriety process to compress and monitor a sample during measurements to ensure the liquid column is intact. Measurements are accurate and precise for 1µL, even for difficult to measure samples like protein.
Best in Class 1uL Sample Lower Detection Limits!
DeNovix Spectrophotometer set the industry standard for the lower detection limits of 0.5 -1.0 uL UV-Vis sample analysis. Detect to 0.75 ng/uL dsDNA, 0.60 ng/uL RNA or 0.04 mg/mL BSA.
- The DS-11 does not rely on fixed path length calibrations and therefore does not require regular calibration checks. There is no downtime or expense required for routine calibration like many other spectrophotometers. DeNovix offers a LC-NA verification standard for labs that may need to verify proper operation from time to time in accordance with their own quality standards.
- DeNovix software includes a proprietary algorithm to test for an unbridged condition in the primary nucleic acid and protein quantification apps. This element of the SmartPath® algorithm not only detects the broken liquid column but compensates to ensure accurate results with no user action required.
Truly 1.0 uL Sample Volumes
- A key feature of the DS-11 is that the longest path length used (0.5 mm path) is shorter than the 1.0 mm path used by other microvolume spectrophotometers. This enables the DS-11 to truly measure 1.0 uL samples, virtually eliminating the possibility of erroneous results due to sample column breakage.
Automatic Pathlength Adjustment
The DS-11 uses real-time absorbance data to determine the best path length(ranging from 0.03-0.5 mm) to use for each measurement. Ultra-short pathlengths enable highest abs. measurements
0.015 to 750 AU (1 cm equivalent)
0.75 to 37,500 ng/ml for dsDNA
Ultra High Absorbance
- The DS-11 can measure samples with absorbance values as high as 750 absorbance units (at a 1 cm equivalent path length). This translates into 1125 mg/ml of BSA protein or 37,500 ng/uL of dsDNA. This ultra high absorbance capability is achieved by using a remarkably small path length of 0.02mm enabled by our SmartPath® Technology. Even at this short path length, typical CV of measurements is less than 3%.
- The reproducibility of measurements on the DS-11 is an important performance feature. For example, replicates of 500 ng/ul dsDNA samples typically result in CV’s of less than 1%.
DeNovix Spectrophotometer is compact, stand-alone instrument with intuitive, EasyApps® for quantifying DNA, RNA and Protein. Pre-configured apps ensure optimized workflows while powerful Custom Formula Methods app enables researchers to quickly create and save new methods.
- Intuitive app Icons for quick recognition
- Familiar Android navigation touch gestures and functional icons
- Fluid pinch, zoom glove compatible touch interface
- AutoRun option for streamlined operation
- Optimized screens for reports and graph overlays
- Password protected accounts for project and data management
- Absorbance represented as 1 cm equivalent for all apps- no confusion between applications
- Sample name field is key-focused for easy barcode reader use
- All data is automatically archived and easily exported in tab-delimited format
Nucleic: dsDNA, RNA, ssDNA
Key Features: Absorbance
- Separate preconfigured apps for optimized workflow
- Preconfigured and user defined factors for ssDNA ensures appropriate concentration calculations
- High absorbance capability: up to 37,500 ng/ul for dsDNA
- Nucleotides absorb at 260nm
- Absorbance * factor = concentration (ng/μl)
- 260/280 and 260/230 ratios reported
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Microarray
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Microarray
Key Features: Absorbance
- Preconfigured and user defined protein types for A280 (quantify purified proteins by absorbance of amino acids at 280nm) and Labeled Proteins (measures abs of protein & labeling dye )
- Preconfigured Peptide app for easy peptide analysis at A205/215
- Quick addition of new user defined protein types for improved workflow
- Ultra short pathlength enables high absorbance capability: up to 1125 mg/ml BSA
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Labeled Proteins
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Labeled Proteins
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry and Pierce 660 nm colorimetric assays optimized for ease of use
- Quick save and recall of standard curves available
- Bacterial optical density measurements at 600 nm
- Microvolume shows best performance at high cell densities
UV-Vis and Custom user methods
- Simple but powerful apps enable measurement of more than just nucleic acids and proteins
UV-Vis: Full spectrum analysis:
- 190 nm – 840nm, reports absorbance up to 6 wavelengths
- Broad absorbance range for highly concentrated samples (up to 750 A, 1 cm equivalent)
- Add custom formulas to eliminate downstream calculations
- Apply formulas to absorbance signal at specific wavelengths
Standard Curve Methods:
- Add new user-defined standard curve methods
- Quantify any UV-Vis absorbing sample by creating a custom standard curve.
Accounts and Data
- Password protected accounts available
- All data automatically saved & searchable by account, sample name & type, application and date
- New Configurable reports easily accommodate LIMS and user preferred formats
- New Print microfuge tube labels using a DeNovix supported printer
- New Print reports to a networked printer or DeNovix supported label printer
- Export full data sets via email; save to a network folder or USB thumb drive.
Software Data Analysis
- The DeNovix® DS-11 Spectrophotometer software automatically analyzes and saves all measurement results to the onboard instrument computer.
- Measurement apps as well as the Data app use a three page structure to maximize the information provided while maintaining an intuitive, uncluttered interface.
- Absorbance data is analyzed and app specific relevant data such as calculated concentrations and purity ratios are displayed on the Run screen.
- A running list of sample results are presented on the Results screen.
- Sample spectra are displayed on the Graph screen. Up to 24 spectra may be overlaid on the graph for quick sample comparisons.
- Data of interest can be emailed, sent to a network folder or saved to a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drives. The export format is a .csv file that may be opened with common spreadsheet programs such as Excel for user-specific additional analysis. the files include the relevant data presented on the Report screen as well as all absorbance values per wavelength across the measured wavelength range.
DS-11 Data App
- The software also includes an intuitive Data app which enables the user to review and export results from multiple measurement sessions at their convenience. This capability makes it easy to compare samples measured on different days.
- The app includes both Quick and Advanced Search options to make it easy to find your data. Simply filter by account and parameters of interest, tap “Search” and get your results.
||Denovix DS 11
|Micro Volume Mode
|Minimum Sample Size
||0.5 mm (auto ranging to 0.02 mm)
||Pulsed Xenon flash lamp
||2048 element CCD
||1.5 nm (FWHM at Hg 253.7 nm)
||0.015 AU (1cm), or 1%, whichever is greater
||1.5% at 0.75 AU at 260 nm
||0.015 – 750 (1 cm equivalent path length)
||0.04 mg/ml BSA; 0.75 ng/µl dsDNA
||1125 mg/ml BSA; 37,500 ng/µl dsDNA
|Lower Sample Surface Material of Construction
||303 stainless steel and sapphire window
|Upper Sample Surface Material of Construction
||303 stainless steel and quartz fiber
||SmartQC™ Sample Guidance
|Onboard Controller (No PC required)
||Custom Android™ OS
||TI OMAP ARM Processor
||1280 X 800 high definition color display
||Touch screen with swipe and pinch motion; glove compatible
||32GB flash drive
||3 USB ports for printer, barcode reader and USB drive
||Ethernet and Wi-Fi
||Arctic White, Brazilian Blue, Fire Red, Tungsten Silver
||20 cm X 33 cm
|Operating Power Consumption
||10 W; max 30 W
||CE, UL/CSA, FCC and Japan CAB