World’s first Android™ UV-Vis Spectrophotometer with Cuvette Capability for Nucleic Acid and Protein Quantitation. (cuvette UV-Vis)
- Android TM OS with Intuitive EasyApps Software
- Outstanding Sensitivity and Flexibility
- Powerful, Versatile Data Handling
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, e-mail, Networks and Print
- 32GB for Millions of Results and Methods
- Optional Fluorescence module
Compact, Stand-Alone Design
- 20 x 27 cm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- No laptop
- Saves space
- DeNovix DS-C is a simple-to-use UV-Vis cuvette spectrophotometer with outstanding dynamic range, sensitivity and flexibility. Rapidly quantify biomolecules using any cuvette with an 8.5 mm z-height. The instrument includes preinstalled EasyApps for nucleic acids, proteins, colorimetrics assays, OD600, Kinetics, Custom Methods and more
Intuitive, Easy to learn. Fast to use.
- The DS-C features the most powerful and intuitive software in its class. The DeNovix EasyApps®. software is pre-installed on a AndroidTMoperating system that features an HD, glove-compatible touchscreen. Pinch/ Zoom / Swipe, 11 languages built –in, 32 GB memory and Audio.
- Built- in DeNovix EasyApps®and a breakthrough Android™ operating system with touchscreen interface makes the DS-C easy to learn, quick to use, ensure error-free operation and sample results under 2 seconds. Every instrument is ready right out of the box- no PC setup or software installation is required and backed by an industry-leading three-year warranty.
- Make absorbance measurements utilizing applications –specific EasyApps. Easily build and save your own applications using Powerful, yet simple, custom method apps. The DS-C also includes user account management, built – in email and free software updates for the life of your instrument
- Autosave millions of samples.
- Common quantification assays pre-configured
- Nucleic Acid quantification ( 0.04 to 750ng/ µl dsDNA)
- Protein and Peptide Quantification (0.002 to 37.5 mg / ml BSA)
- Colorimetric Assays (Bradford, BCA, Lowry, Pierce 660)
- Kinetic Assays (Fully customizable, 37 – 45 ºC)
- OD 600 Microbial Cell Cultures (Optical density and cell/ml calculations)
- Easily create custom assays
Powerful -Data Storage and Searching
- Automatically store millions of sample results onboard the DS-C. The powerful and intuitive Data App enables searching by application, date and user. Archived data can be viewed on screen, used to generate custom reports and graphs and exported.
Compatible -Multiple pathlengths
- DS-C is compatible with standard quartz or plastic cuvettes with an industry standard 8.5mm z- height . Select from standard, semi- micro cuvettes and specialized microvolume cuvettes from Starna or Hellma. Pathlength of 1, 2,5 and 10mm can be selected in EasyApps , providing assay flexibility and extended dynamic range.
Connect to Your Results.–Unrivaled Connectivity and Storage.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB connectivity provides researchers a wide range of options to share, save and review data to suit all needs. Easily export results to e-mail, network drives and printers, USB drives, LIMS systems and label pinters. 32 GB of memory allows storage of millions of results!
- Email a csv or color jpg of your results right from EasyApps
- Automatically save data to network drives or LIMS
- Flexible export to easily rename and save the fields you desire
- Print results or graphs to network and label printers
- Save to USB
Four color choices
- Cutting Edge and Tech Savvy– how about the modern Arctic Whiteoption for your lab
- Resourceful and Dynamic– then the brilliant Brazilian Blue fits your style!
- Exciting and Passionateabout your research- then the Fire Red might be your best choice!
- Bold and Innovativein your approach- perhaps the contemporary Tungsten Silver is best for you!
Flexible -Upgrade to Fluorescence
- Easily upgrade the DS-C at any time with the FX Module to add a best – in class fluorometer.
- Add a DeNovix USB FX Module to enable powerful fluorescence quantification using the DS-C. DeNovix Fluorescence EasyApps are preloaded on the instrument and instantly become enabled when the USB model is connected. Use the DeNovix EasyApps software to choose from pre-installed Fluorescence quantification assays, for dsDNA, RNA and protein quantification from DeNovix or several other manufacturers(Qubit® and Promega® assays)or easily creates and save custom assays.. Four fluorescent channels encompass a wide fluorophore excitation (361-662 nm) and emission (435-740 nm) range. Learn more about theFX Fluorometer Module.
Cuvette Mode: Standard Quartz and disposable cuvettes, Full spectrum UV- Vis
- Cuvette Mode enables up to 10mm pathlength measurements using standard quartz or disposable cuvettes extending the UV-Vis lower detectible limit. The built-in cuvette heater controls temperatures for Kinetics studies.
- Using the 1 cm cuvette mode measure samples with concentrations as low as 0.04 ng/uL of purified dsDNA or 0.002 mg/mL purified BSA in cuvette mode.
- Create simple kinetics methods measuring two absorbance wavelengths over a user-defined measurement frequency and period. EasyApps® streamlines the process to create and save custom methods and enables cuvette temperature control between 37° to 45° C.
Cell Culture OD 600
- The high-particulate nature of bacterial cell cultures benefit from a longer measurement pathlength. The particulates in these samples scatter light, and a 10mm pathlength provides a longer cross-section of the sample for the spectrophotometer’s light beam to travel through. This ensures the highest degree of accuracy and reproducibility when measuring these types of samples.
DeNovix DS-C Cuvete Spectrophotometer is compact, stand-alone instrument with intuitive, EasyApps® for quantifying DNA, RNA and Protein. Pre-configured apps ensure optimized workflows while powerful Custom Formula Methods app enables researchers to quickly create and save new methods.
- Intuitive app Icons for quick recognition
- Familiar Android navigation touch gestures and functional icons
- Fluid pinch, zoom glove compatible touch interface
- AutoRun option for streamlined operation
- Optimized screens for reports and graph overlays
- Password protected accounts for project and data management
- Absorbance represented as 1 cm equivalent for all apps- no confusion between applications
- Sample name field is key-focused for easy barcode reader use
- All data is automatically archived and easily exported in tab-delimited format
Nucleic: dsDNA, RNA, ssDNA
Key Features: Absorbance
- Separate preconfigured apps for optimized workflow
- Preconfigured and user defined factors for ssDNA ensures appropriate concentration calculations
- High absorbance capability: up to 750 ng/ul for dsDNA
- Nucleotides absorb at 260nm
- Absorbance * factor = concentration (ng/μl)
- 260/280 and 260/230 ratios reported
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Microarray
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Microarray
Key Features: Absorbance
- Preconfigured and user defined protein types for A280 (quantify purified proteins by absorbance of amino acids at 280nm) and Labeled Proteins (measures abs of protein & labeling dye )
- Preconfigured Peptide app for easy peptide analysis at A205/215
- Quick addition of new user defined protein types for improved workflow
- Ultra short pathlength enables high absorbance capability: up to 37.5 mg/ml BSA
- 11 Preconfigured dyes and fluorophores for Labeled Proteins
- Option to add an unlimited number of new dyes for quick recall in Labeled Proteins
- BCA, Bradford, Lowry and Pierce 660 nm colorimetric assays optimized for ease of use
- Quick save and recall of standard curves available
UV-Vis and Custom user methods
Simple but powerful apps enable measurement of more than just nucleic acids and proteins
UV-Vis: Full spectrum analysis:
- Full spectrum analysis 190 nm – 840nm, reports absorbance up to 6 wavelengths
- Broad absorbance range for highly concentrated samples (up to 500 A, 1 cm equivalent)
- Add custom formulas to eliminate downstream calculations
- Apply formulas to absorbance signal at specific wavelengths
Standard Curve Methods:
- Add new user-defined standard curve methods
- Quantify any UV-Vis absorbing sample by creating a custom standard curve.
- Bacterial optical density measurements at 600 nm
- Cuvette mode on DS-11+ shows best performance for typical growth curve cell densities
- Microvolume shows best performance at high cell densities
- DS-11+ model enables cuvette based kinetics studies
- Full spectrum analysis (190 to 840 nm), with dual or single wavelength monitoring
- Built-in heater with temperature control between 37° to 45° C.
- Dual graphs enable absorbance vs time or absorbance vs wavelength plots
- All kinetic data saved
- Save new kinetics methods
Accounts and Data
- Password protected accounts available
- All data automatically saved & searchable by account, sample name & type, application and date
- Configurable reports easily accommodate LIMS and user preferred formats
- Print microfuge tube labels using a DeNovix supported printer
- Print reports to a networked printer or DeNovix supported label printer
- Export full data sets via email; save to a network folder or USB thumb drive.
Software Data Analysis
- The DeNovix® DS-C Cuvette Spectrophotometer software automatically analyzes and saves all measurement results to the onboard instrument computer.
- Measurement apps as well as the Data app use a three page structure to maximize the information provided while maintaining an intuitive, uncluttered interface.
- Absorbance data is analyzed and app specific relevant data such as calculated concentrations and purity ratios are displayed on the Run screen.
- A running list of sample results are presented on the Results screen.
- Sample spectra are displayed on the Graph screen. Up to 24 spectra may be overlaid on the graph for quick sample comparisons.
- Data of interest can be emailed, sent to a network folder or saved to a FAT32 formatted USB thumb drives. The export format is a .csv file that may be opened with common spreadsheet programs such as Excel for user-specific additional analysis. The files include the relevant data presented on the Report screen as well as all absorbance values per wavelength across the measured wavelength range.
DS-C Data App
- The software also includes an intuitive Data app which enables the user to review and export results from multiple measurement sessions at their convenience. This capability makes it easy to compare samples measured on different days.
- The app includes both Quick and Advanced Search options to make it easy to find your data. Simply filter by account and parameters of interest, tap “Search” and get your results.
||Denovix DS -C
||Pulsed Xenon Flash lamp
||2048 element CCD
||0.002 AU (0.5mm), or 1%, whichever is greater
||1.5% at 0.75 AU at 260 nm
||1.5 nm (FWHM at Hg 253.7 nm)
||0.0008-1.5 AU (1 cm path length)
||37-45 °C +/- 0.5 °C
||10, 5, 2, 1 mm
||0.04 ng/µl dsDNA (1 cm)
0.002 mg/ml BSA (1cm)
||750 ng/µl dsDNA (1 mm)
37.5 mg/ml BSA (1mm)
|Operating Power Consumption
||10 W; max 30 W
||SmartQC™ Sample Guidance
|Onboard Controller (No PC required)
||Custom Android™ OS
||TI OMAP Dual Core ARM Processor
||1280 X 800 high definition color display
||7” high definition
||Multipoint touch, swipe, pinch motion;
||All common lab glove
||32GB flash Memory
||3 USB ports for printer, barcode reader and USB drive
||Ethernet and Wi-Fi
||Arctic White, Brazilian Blue, Fire Red, Tungsten Silver
||27 X 20 X 10 cm
|Operating Power Consumption
||10 W; max 30 W
||CE, UL/CSA, FCC and Japan CAB
||Three year Standard.